Skip to main content

Review : Frigid by J. Lynn

Frigid by J. Lynn

5 STARS ! 

For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love. 

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have. 

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one


*I have been hearing about this book for a while now and I have been waiting patiently (not really patiently, i'm totally lying) for a few months now. & Let me tell you when I got it I was not disappointed. J.Lynn or Jennifer Armentrout never disappoints, I truly have loved every single book of hers that I have read! She always creates the best characters and never disappoints! Her heroine's barely ever annoy me which is totally awesome might I add and she always adds the most perfect hero!

*This story is a friends to lovers, which happens to be one of my favorite. It had a little bit of everything but not TOO much of anything! It was filled with some angst , it kept me laughing , had me smiling, upset , the works it was a good story to read after you have read something super intense! I enjoyed the pace of this book and all of the characters and I'm sure you will too.


Sydney is the heroine and I actually really enjoyed her. She has been in love with her best friend Kyler,  since forever and of course she has never acted on it and just watches him be a man whore all the time. She is a little shy and awkward but when you read it you kind of understand why she is that way. I loved that she kept talking about her "lady balls" it was awesome and so true! She may seem frustrating at times because of her need to keep her mouth closed but as when most of us were in this situation we did the same thing! When these two get stuck alone at the ski resort things really heat up ! YES ! YES !

My Kyler and a really cute kitty ;] 

Now Kyler he was super sweet and very protective over Sydney , he slept with quite a few girls , keeping up his man whore ways but he always felt he was too good for Syd so that's basically why he never would pursue her. He really is a perfect alpha male for his age. Since they're all in there early twenties I don't picture a psycho jealous freak like other books but he definitely is the perfect fit of everything. When Kyler and Syd get together I really love them as a couple and I really did feel like they were "soul mates." I really liked him from the start but I totally fell in love with him by the end!

Of course there was unnecessary drama and lies and all that but what would a story be without all of it? NOTHING ! Exactly ! HAHA 

The beginning of this story really sucked me in and I basically read it in a few hours it was a short read with a HEA and no love triangle! The book is also written in both point of views which I am really starting to absolutely love and I may be getting a little spoiled now since a lot of authors are doing this! If you're in the mood for an easy awesome read I definitely recommend this book or really any of her books! 

GO READ NOW!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just RELEASED : A Beautiful Mistake by Ashlee Price

Surprise... I went in for surgery and woke up married...to my doctor! How did this happen to a rich playboy like me?  After all, I believe in lust, not love. Maybe I can use this mistake to my advantage. My generous donation to the hospital will help buy her the respect she craves from her stuck up bosses. And a fake marriage is just what I need to get my family off my back. A great idea until the unexpected happens... We're drawn to each other like magnets.  I didn't expect to feel this way. She's the complete package.  Gorgeous eyes. Stunning curves. Virgin lips. But nah, I can't give in. We have a simple agreement. One year. Then divorce. My perfect plan starts to fall apart when her controlling, desperate ex threatens her.  Screw that. In this world, I protect what's mine. I'll protect Marian, the baby growing inside her and will destroy anyone who gets in my way.

Upcoming read : We Shouldn't by Vi Keeland

NOW A  NEW YORK TIMES ,  USA TODAY  &  WALL STREET JOURNAL  BESTSELLER! From  #1  New York Times  Bestseller Vi Keeland , comes a new, sexy  standalone  novel. Bennett Fox walked into my life on one hell of a crappy Monday morning. I was late for the first day at my new job--a job I'd now have to compete for even though I'd already worked  eight years  to earn it, because of an unexpected merger. While I lugged my belongings up to my new office, a meter maid wrote me a parking summons. She'd ticketed a long line of cars--except for the Audi parked in front of me, which happened to be the same make and model as mine. Annoyed, I decided to  regift  my ticket to the car that had evaded a fine. Chances were, the owner would pay it and be none the wiser. Except, I  accidentally  broke the windshield wiper while slipping the ticket onto the car's window. Seriously, my day couldn't get any worse. Things started to perk up when I ran into a gorgeous man in the eleva

BOOK EXPO 2018 REVIEW - SABINA

2018 was absolutely amazing ! Every year seriously they just get better and better with their book choices and authors to Book Expo. 2018 was again held in New York which makes me happy as its easily accessible again! Yay! I am looking forward to reading so many good books that I received. Especially A Curse So Dark and Lonely. Another book that I got (with hard work and lots of running) The Wicked King! Every year Book expo and Book con is like christmas. Although Book Con I believe could run a bit differently as there is just So many people, it is still a good time! Thank yu for holding an expo for books every year, us book nerds could not be more greatful!