Skip to main content

Review: Remember When by T.Torrest

Remember When by T.Torrest

10 STARS !!

Years before Trip Wiley could be seen on movie screens all over the world, he could be seen sitting in the desk behind me in my high school English class. 
This was back in 1990, and I cite the year only to avoid dumbfounding you when references to big hair or stretch pants are mentioned. Although, come to think of it, I am from New Jersey, which may serve as explanation enough. We were teenagers then, way back in a time before anyone could even dream he’d turn into the Hollywood commodity that he is today. 
In case you live under a rock and don't know who Trip Wiley is, just know that these days, he’s the actor found at the top of every casting director’s wish list. He’s incredibly talented and insanely gorgeous, the combination of which has made him very rich, very famous and very desirable. And not just to casting directors, either. 
I can’t confirm any of the gossip from his early years out in Tinseltown, but based on what I knew of his life before he was famous, I can tell you that the idea of Girls-Throwing-Themselves-At-Trip is not a new concept. 
I should know. I was one of them. And my life hasn’t been the same since.


*OH MY GOD, OH MY JESUS, HOLY SHIZKNICKERS! I AM OBSESSED , OBSESSED I TELL YOU!*

My god did I love this book (as you can probably tell by the excessive stars I gave it!) , it was perfect for me in every way possible. I am so mad at myself for not reading this book sooner, NO! like really angry with myself! It was just so good! It has everything you need to make a book perfect. This book is not getting the full credit it deserves, trust me!

There was just so much awesomeness in this one book. First thing, it took place in the 1990, with all those references to the 1980s how could you not love this book? Even though I, myself wasn't born until 1990, I still know quite a bit about the 80s, for people who don't really know anything about it , you might be like huh? what the fudge? but I promise it won't interfere with the actual story. This story was just amazing, it had everything you would need, it is a trilogy but this one doesn't really end on a cliffhanger. Layla and Trip are definitely one of my favorite couples after reading this story. Torrest does an amazing job conveying the young love these two characters are dealing with, I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy! 

Second thing it takes place in JERSEY ! YES, PEOPLE JERSEY! You guys have no idea how excited this makes me! It wasn't just any part of jersey either it was Northern NJ (at least that is what I'm assuming considering she mention BCC and being so close to the city and such). If you haven't noticed my extreme excitement you can probably guess I am from this area. It was so nice to read a story and be like, I KNOW WHERE THAT IS ! OR OMG I GET THAT ALL THE TIME! I am sick of reading about Seattle and Alabama, I was starting to think I needed to move my ass across country to find some love, but nope this story gave me hope that maybe the next Brad Pitt will be wandering around my school. (Well a girl can wish , can't she?)

"Are you there, God? It’s me, Layla. I know I just jerked off some guy who is not even my boyfriend in the bathroom of this crappy, brown house. But if you could find a way to kill me quickly and painlessly within the next ten seconds, I promise never to touch another penis again. Well, I’ll be dead, so, I guess I promise not to whore it up in heaven. Which, of course is where you’ll be sending me, right? I mean, I’d hate to think you’d deny me an eternity behind your pearly gates just because of one impetuous handjob. Thank you. Sincerely, Layla Warren. Amen."


Layla was just an awesome all around awesome main character. She was hilarious, sweet but also feisty, and so normal and real. She is also a big tomboy , but it never interferes with her being girly enough for guys to like her, especially Trip ;]. I LOVED their relationship. It started as a friendship that was so real it was unbelievable and Layla's feelings towards Trip were just so on point to how i'm sure we all felt when we were unsure how we felt about that guy we were obsessed with in High School.
Layla had a best friend, Lisa who at points I wanted to slap in the face for what she was saying to Layla about her friendship with Trip, but than I realized I wish my best friend would have said what Lisa said to Layla. The two girls had a very good relationship although yes they fought , they never gave up on each other and they were REAL best friends. 



"But don't ever ask me to stop loving you, because I can't. Don't ever think I'll be able to forget you, because I won't."

Trip, oh TripWHY ARE YOU NOT REAL! I was sitting there reading the whole time wishing you were real. Trip was amazing, he was a real man, he was funny, hot ;] (of course) , he had an amazing personality, and he was an amazing friend to Layla. He cared so much about her and you could just feel it jump off the pages! I just wanted to scream JUST SAY IT ALREADY TRIP, SPIT IT OUT! WE KNOW LAYLA LOVES YOU COME ON! MAKE OUR LIFE RIGHT NOW! The last part of this book with "the note" I was bawling I was this unbelievable mess of tears and that letter just made me love Trip even more! 

All together this was one of the most enjoyable books I have read , it is definitely in my top 5 favorite series now, and that means quite a bit since I have read so much over the years! I promise guys this would not be a waste to read, it has everything you need in a book without giving you a heart attack and wanting to attack everyone in the story! HA! I will recommend this book to everyone I know till I am blue in the face! Thank you T.Torrest for making one of my new FAVORITE stories ever!!!


BUY IT RIGHT NOW!

The sequel is out also ! YAY !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just RELEASED : A Beautiful Mistake by Ashlee Price

Surprise... I went in for surgery and woke up married...to my doctor! How did this happen to a rich playboy like me?  After all, I believe in lust, not love. Maybe I can use this mistake to my advantage. My generous donation to the hospital will help buy her the respect she craves from her stuck up bosses. And a fake marriage is just what I need to get my family off my back. A great idea until the unexpected happens... We're drawn to each other like magnets.  I didn't expect to feel this way. She's the complete package.  Gorgeous eyes. Stunning curves. Virgin lips. But nah, I can't give in. We have a simple agreement. One year. Then divorce. My perfect plan starts to fall apart when her controlling, desperate ex threatens her.  Screw that. In this world, I protect what's mine. I'll protect Marian, the baby growing inside her and will destroy anyone who gets in my way.

Upcoming read : We Shouldn't by Vi Keeland

NOW A  NEW YORK TIMES ,  USA TODAY  &  WALL STREET JOURNAL  BESTSELLER! From  #1  New York Times  Bestseller Vi Keeland , comes a new, sexy  standalone  novel. Bennett Fox walked into my life on one hell of a crappy Monday morning. I was late for the first day at my new job--a job I'd now have to compete for even though I'd already worked  eight years  to earn it, because of an unexpected merger. While I lugged my belongings up to my new office, a meter maid wrote me a parking summons. She'd ticketed a long line of cars--except for the Audi parked in front of me, which happened to be the same make and model as mine. Annoyed, I decided to  regift  my ticket to the car that had evaded a fine. Chances were, the owner would pay it and be none the wiser. Except, I  accidentally  broke the windshield wiper while slipping the ticket onto the car's window. Seriously, my day couldn't get any worse. Things started to perk up when I ran into a gorgeous man in the eleva

BOOK EXPO 2018 REVIEW - SABINA

2018 was absolutely amazing ! Every year seriously they just get better and better with their book choices and authors to Book Expo. 2018 was again held in New York which makes me happy as its easily accessible again! Yay! I am looking forward to reading so many good books that I received. Especially A Curse So Dark and Lonely. Another book that I got (with hard work and lots of running) The Wicked King! Every year Book expo and Book con is like christmas. Although Book Con I believe could run a bit differently as there is just So many people, it is still a good time! Thank yu for holding an expo for books every year, us book nerds could not be more greatful!