Skip to main content

Beautiful Broken Rules By Kimberly Lauren

Beautiful Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren 

4.5  STARS!!

What happens when you create rules to keep others out?
One thing Emerson Moore has come to terms with is that she is the school slut. She knows her way around a frat house and how to get what she wants. She doesn’t make any excuses for her actions and she doesn’t pretend to be anything different. She is who she is and with that she knows how to have a good time. She’s made rules to keep relationships at bay and avoid the demons of her past.


When her best friend, Cole has his two friends from back home move in with him she begins to think she has met her match with Jaxon Riley. Jax is the perfect mixture of tattooed muscle and a sweet-talking mouth. With “hand” written notes, a voice that exudes sex and knowing just how to get under her skin, Jaxon learns how to break all the rules. But will he just end up breaking her heart anyway?


HOLY CUPCAKES! I LOVED THIS BOOK! *BRAVO BRAVO*

This book was really really good and ESPECIALLY good considering it is the authors first book. Really this was so worth it. It's a great plot, awesome characters, maybe even better side characters, just enough angst and drama to make a book perfect but not annoying.  

I'll be honest I really didn't think I would like it because normally whores in stories, especially as main characters, make me want to slap them upside the head and bring them to the nearest church for confession. 

Emerson was perfect though and I actually enjoyed her a lot, she was smart, beautiful, and not a dumbass.  Yes, she is a slut there is absolutely no denying that fact but she did have three rules ..  

"I have three rules: never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for, never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship (when this isn't disclosed to me, it is not my fault), and finally, never sleep with someone more than three times."

* So, those are the only reasons I still respected her, although I will say I don't think her basis for being the "school skank" was good enough to actually be one. Basically her parents got divorced when she was 9 years old and then died together in a car crash when she was 15. Since they were together (in the car) and she knew they couldn't stand each other, Em had come to the conclusion that her dad was cheating on her step mom with her mom. Therefor setting her up to become a whore because everyone cheats and she doesn't want to be hurt in the future. Yea, I didn't think that was good enough to become a whore either, but hey I am not in that position so I shouldn't judge. 

Now on to Jaxon *sigh (firstly let me say I totally loved the spelling of his named, i'm weird I know) he was hot, tattooed, had dark hair, blue eyes, and had a motorcycle! Oh and he was an alpha who always gets jealous (but he wasn't crazy)! SCORE! *You should all know how happy that makes me* He was just perfect honestly he wasn't like super bad boy at all but he was just so perfect. Right in the middle of the spectrum of bad boy and vagina.

"Tell me that you want me,” he whispered.
"I want you.” Always.
"Only me?”
"Only you.” Had there ever been anyone else?

*AYAYA! Perfect Jax, WHY ARE YOU NOT REAL?!

Jaxon and his twin brother Jace (yes, there is double the hotness) are best friends of Cole's (Em&Quinn's bff from school) from Texas and they move to southern California on a football scholarship. They also happen to live next door to Em and her step sister Quinn. Jax and Em meet in a pretty embarrassing situation but they basically hit it off right away and become close friends. After lots of back and forth unnecessary bullshit, Em finally admits to herself she feels something for Jaxon that she hasn't felt with anyone else and well the journey begins! Lots of obstacles to get through but I do promise it has a HEA! I never wanted this book to end, it was wonderful!

*There is some serious friggen angst in this book so be prepared but its nothing TOOOO bad just be ready to want to hit everyone a few times because no one can talk things out anymore apparently.  

All in all this was an amazing book and I look forward to reading more from this author also heres' to hoping that she makes a book for JACE ! YES PLEASE! I am not afraid to beg! 

BUY IT NOW ! =]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just RELEASED : A Beautiful Mistake by Ashlee Price

Surprise... I went in for surgery and woke up married...to my doctor! How did this happen to a rich playboy like me?  After all, I believe in lust, not love. Maybe I can use this mistake to my advantage. My generous donation to the hospital will help buy her the respect she craves from her stuck up bosses. And a fake marriage is just what I need to get my family off my back. A great idea until the unexpected happens... We're drawn to each other like magnets.  I didn't expect to feel this way. She's the complete package.  Gorgeous eyes. Stunning curves. Virgin lips. But nah, I can't give in. We have a simple agreement. One year. Then divorce. My perfect plan starts to fall apart when her controlling, desperate ex threatens her.  Screw that. In this world, I protect what's mine. I'll protect Marian, the baby growing inside her and will destroy anyone who gets in my way.

Upcoming read : We Shouldn't by Vi Keeland

NOW A  NEW YORK TIMES ,  USA TODAY  &  WALL STREET JOURNAL  BESTSELLER! From  #1  New York Times  Bestseller Vi Keeland , comes a new, sexy  standalone  novel. Bennett Fox walked into my life on one hell of a crappy Monday morning. I was late for the first day at my new job--a job I'd now have to compete for even though I'd already worked  eight years  to earn it, because of an unexpected merger. While I lugged my belongings up to my new office, a meter maid wrote me a parking summons. She'd ticketed a long line of cars--except for the Audi parked in front of me, which happened to be the same make and model as mine. Annoyed, I decided to  regift  my ticket to the car that had evaded a fine. Chances were, the owner would pay it and be none the wiser. Except, I  accidentally  broke the windshield wiper while slipping the ticket onto the car's window. Seriously, my day couldn't get any worse. Things started to perk up when I ran into a gorgeous man in the eleva

BOOK EXPO 2018 REVIEW - SABINA

2018 was absolutely amazing ! Every year seriously they just get better and better with their book choices and authors to Book Expo. 2018 was again held in New York which makes me happy as its easily accessible again! Yay! I am looking forward to reading so many good books that I received. Especially A Curse So Dark and Lonely. Another book that I got (with hard work and lots of running) The Wicked King! Every year Book expo and Book con is like christmas. Although Book Con I believe could run a bit differently as there is just So many people, it is still a good time! Thank yu for holding an expo for books every year, us book nerds could not be more greatful!