Skip to main content

Real By Katy Evans

Real (Real, Raw & Ripped #1) By Katy Evans

2 STARS

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

I know I know people please don't form a mob with pitch forks and such and come after me! People seemed to completely fall in love with this book (considering the 4.47 rating on goodreads) I on the other hand am on the complete opposite spectrum. I didn't HATE this book but I definitely did not love it or really even like it. I get the appeal of it I do and I honestly hate to write less than stellar reviews because I know how much time and effort authors put into their stories but I endeavor to always be honest about how I feel about books I read. 

Okay now let me start off by saying I felt absolutely NO CONNECTION with Brooke and Remington at all like at all. All I seemed to feel was that Brooke was so obsessed with his looks and how he made her "panties wet". I swear this girl could have supplied the Sahara desert for months. Throughout the whole book all I was thinking is this girl is a supreme tramp like think about something else for just once I mean the guy is practically famous and all you keep asking is for him to hump the crap out of you like get a grip girl. I wanted to scream your acting like a dirty GROUPIE YOU WHORE

Next was the fact that there was NO CONVERSATIONS in this book .. (okay I'm totally exaggerating  but still) Brooke and Remy probably spoke about 10 times in this entire book no really I'm not kidding and not long conversations.. ones like "Play me a song" then she goes on a 4 page rant of what song to play for him! I think if there was more interaction with Brooke I would have liked this book so much more. I mean she stated once she was like falling in love with him (How? No clue!) but I was like what? you hardly even spoke at all!!!!!!!!!!! And when they would talk it would just be because she wanted him to "make love to her" like bitch get a life. GOD THIS BOOK MAKE ME SO ANGRY. 

The only reason I gave this book more than one star was because finally at about 85% the characters were actually speaking and finally something was going on in the story since she finally gets friggen laid and stops obsessing so much about her vagina clenching every time he is in the same vicinity as her. I did like Remy aside from the fact everything he said was a "growl" (totally kept picturing my dog when I try to take away his food) He was a supreme alpha male which I totally adore I would have totally loved if he spoke more than a few sentences though! OH AND HE WAS SUPER HOT .. OBVIOUSLY =] 

*Please don't let my opinion hinder you from going to buy this book  A LOT of people loved it so I am in the minority. Go read it and be the judge for yourself how you feel about it! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck Up Suit by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward

This was a DNF at 50% for me unfortunately but I am still writing about it on here because I do not think it was a bad book in fact before the 50% mark I was LOVING it, it's just that once a certain "problem" came I was really angry and upset since it was not something I enjoy when it happens in books and I just couldn't read any further. I will not post the spoiler on here but on my Goodreads account I did write why I stopped reading so if you do want to know what the "problem" was I will link my small review here so you can check it out. I still think if you don't get bothered by much when reading that you would love this story it really was a great story and I loved the hero and heroine A LOT! So check it out if you haven't already  <3
MY REVIEW - SPOILER

From theNew York TimesBestselling authors of Cocky Bastard, comes a sexy new standalone novel. 

It started out like any other morning on the train.

Until I became mesmerized by the guy sitting a…

Current Read - Darker Water by Lauren Stewart

Darker Water (Once and Forever #1) By Lauren Stewart

After another painful breakup, Laney Temple finally understands that love is a fairytale and sex rarely comes with a happy ending. She's too busy for it right now anyway--she has a business to run, art to create, and candy to crush. Eventually she'll be ready to switch from her plastic-or-silicon lover to a flesh-and-blood one. But before that happens, she needs to be sure she won't feel any of those annoying emotions that make her heart do things it wasn't meant to do…

Like break

Carson Bennett is completely upfront about what he wants, and it has nothing to do with Laney's heart. Her lips? Hell yeah. Other parts of her body? You better f*cking believe it. But her heart? Nope, not even a little. Until it does... a lot. But having feelings for someone isn't allowed. It's the kind of thing you're supposed to push down deep and cover up with one-night stands, sarcasm, and booze...

Like secrets

Two people wan…

The Boss by Cari Quinn & Taryn Elliot (Books 1-4) 4 1/2 stars

I've only done two really bad things in my life--secretly live in the maid's quarters of my beloved grams foreclosed beach house and lie to get a job as a personal assistant to billionaire Blake Carson.
My enemy, my lover, my savior. 
He's only two out of the three, if only I can figure out which two before I end up on the streets or in jail. 
Or worse. 
* If you like seductive serials from authors like Olivia Thorne, Hannah Ford, and Ainsley Booth...this is your kind of story.
So I officially had time to start reading again after my winter classes ended! I thought I'd start the year off by just picking something by reading no spoilers, no synopsis, just dive in and read and I was pleasantly surprised. I picked up a new serial series, The Boss by Cari Quinn and Taryn Elliot. Books one through four are already out and I knocked all four out in a day, each took about an hour or so to read. They were highly enjoyable and I think people who love a sexy jealous man with a str…